With Doug TV

September Brings at Least 5 Unique Dangerous Doug Harper Appearances



September is shaping up to be a meaningful and very different kind of month for me. I will be returning to Precision Coffee Company for two appearances, and both of them are connected to promotion and awareness for Christian ministry, community partnership, and church building efforts. As of late these are not my usual shows, but they are special ones, and I am excited to be part of them.

Saturday, September 5 – First Saturday on the Square

Downtown Nevada will be busy from nine in the morning until three in the afternoon for First Saturday on the Square, with lots of things happening all over. But tucked away inside the air‑conditioned Precision Coffee Company will be something unique.

The coffeehouse will be open and happening as usual, but inside will be a very casual, come‑and‑go music appearance from yours truly, Dangerous Doug Harper, from nine until noon. This is a free event, but it also serves as a pre‑awareness promotion for another upcoming event called The Israel Decree, featuring bestselling author Amir Tsarfati and Barry Stagner, set for Saturday, September 12 at Abundant Life Church in Lee’s Summit.

Representatives from the ministry will be at Precision Coffee during my appearance to answer questions, help people get pre‑registered, and share information about the event. This pre‑awareness gathering is presented not only by Behold Israel, but also by Children’s Evangelistic Ministries — yes, the ones known for the soccer balls and the ball of many colors that tells the story of salvation through Jesus Christ.

There will be free gifts, plenty of materials about The Israel Decree, and a relaxed environment where you can enjoy music, coffee, and conversation. My Saturday appearance will feature a mix of my exclusive original songs, both secular and spiritual, performed to benefit the customers of Precision Coffee and to help bring awareness to the upcoming Israel Decree event.

Sunday, September 6 – Praise and Worship at Precision Coffee

Then on Sunday morning at 10:45, I will be leading praise and worship for a new church in Nevada, Missouri that is currently remodeling the building that once housed Aldi and more recently served as the fellowship hall for First Christian Church on Austin Boulevard.

The newly updated building will soon open as the home of Evangel Church, but until then the group has been meeting in homes and now at Precision Coffee Company on Sunday mornings.

Some of you might be turning your heads saying, “Doug goes to church?” But many of you know me from that circuit, even though I keep my ordination credentials tucked away. I guess I am qualified to do the job.

This Sunday worship event will be a one‑off special appearance, where I will bring some new spontaneous songs, set the mood for praise and worship, and share a few new versions of timeless Christian songs. Anyone is welcome to attend, and as always, anything I am involved with tends to be casual, relaxed, and welcoming.

With Doug TV — The Channel is Booming

September also brings a lot of excitement to With Doug TV, which has been booming with daily activity and fresh programming. Monday through Friday from 8 AM until 6 PM is the Daytime With Doug Experience, featuring a full lineup of fun and creative shows:

Popeye With Doug and other classic cartoons in the morning • Lunch With Doug during the noon hour • Music videos and live performances featuring Doug and friends all afternoon

Then the evening lineup kicks in:

6 PM – Local Music Shapes Culture with Alison7 PM – Videos With Doug8 PM – On The Scene Rewind with Dominique Gabriella9 PM – Movies With Doug • Followed by Randomness With Doug, including Zandemic and tons of surprise programming

The weekends and after‑midnight hours are full of unexpected fun, special features, and unique content that keeps the channel lively around the clock.

A Busy Month Beyond Precision Coffee

Outside of these appearances and the TV channel, September is packed with activity. I will be heading to Kansas City this month to see Zakk Wylde live, which I am definitely looking forward to. I also have several family nights with the kiddos, plus the kids will be spending time with their grandparents for Grandparents Weekend, which is always a special time.

The Jefferson Highway Conference will be happening in Joplin from September 19 through 22, and I will most likely be making an appearance at one of those dates. And before the conference officially begins, the pre‑conference caravan will be coming through Nevada, Missouri on Thursday, September 17 around 2 PM. Since I wrote the song “On Jefferson Highway,” there is a good chance I will be doing something that day as well.

DJ Finnis in September

And of course, DJ Finnis will be keeping the American Legion moving throughout the month. Catch him on:

Wednesdays: September 2, 16, 23, 30 Fridays: September 4, 11, 18, 25 Saturdays: September 5, 12, 19

Plenty of chances to enjoy his sets.

Save the Date — A Special Night in Pittsburg, Kansas

Before the month wraps up, save the date for a trip down to Pittsburg, Kansas, where I will be performing at TJ Leland’s for a night built around my exclusive original songs with a full nineties alternative theme. This will be a one‑man solo show featuring many songs I wrote during that era, back when I was right in the middle of making music in that scene. It is going to feel authentic, fun, and full of that nineties energy. Plus, the atmosphere at TJ Leland’s is always awesome, so this one will be a great night to close out the month.

A Full, Meaningful September

So that is the lineup. At least five unique appearances, ministry events, worship, family time, live music, community events, DJ Finnis dates, a booming TV channel, and a nineties‑themed solo show to finish the month strong.

September is going to be a meaningful and memorable month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Songs Series: Coming Soon to Nevada, Missouri

Red Cherry Alley Brings Nathan Rorabaugh Home: An Intimate Night at Iguana Azul

Tom Shaw Brings Biscuit-Flavored Fame to Lunch With Doug